- Academic degree: Diploma 'Sponsorship 360: International Sport Marketing and Sponsorship' from Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 2 weekends
- Start: To be announced
To be announced
Sessions will take place at Johan Cruyff Institute in Amsterdam and on-site various locations in London
- Modality: On Campus
- Language: English
- Price: € 2,450 (excl. travel expenses)
- Payment methods: Payment by installments available
- Special conditions: Discount for alumni and members of related entities
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the program. Limited places available.
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.” Johan Cruyff
How many times have you listened to someone explain something but not understood how it works in practice? In the fast-moving world of marketing and sponsorship, leading marketers must combine intuition with experience and progressive thinking. These are qualities which Johan Cruyff embodied throughout his career as a player, manager and coach.
The Sponsorship 360: International Sport Marketing and Sponsorship program aims to provide participants with the knowledge to apply sponsorship as a powerful tool in the marketing mix to deliver brand, business and social goals. Define and develop sponsorship activation concepts and strategic plans for sponsors (brands), rights owners, agencies and sporting organisations to increase revenue, satisfaction and loyalty from partners, suppliers, fans and participants.
- How to analyse the sponsorship market and the role in sports marketing from a strategic and objective perspective in context of the sport business.
- Identify new market opportunities through a better understanding of key stakeholders, market segmentation and targeting of specific consumers and customers.
- Use innovative practices and models to develop sponsorships assets, package and price strategies to increase revenue from sponsorship programs and activation
- Understand planning and project management techniques to deliver impactful activation concepts within partner sponsorship programs.
- Build brands through content, data and storytelling to engage emotionally with employees, partners, customers and sports fans.
- Career development and job hunting in sponsorship and the sports business.
The content can be applied immediately to current projects and will help build stronger brands, events, clubs, athletes and sports organizations through the application of sponsorship as a strategic marketing tool.
Just like sport, there will be ‘winners’ and ‘losers’, but everyone will learn!
We encourage participants from different backgrounds and interests that fit with the following profiles:
- Sports marketing professionals who want to gain more expertise in the field of sponsorship, sponsorship activation and management
- Students who have studied marketing and want to specialize more in sponsorship
- Rights owners, event owners, sport federations and sponsors who wish to develop a more strategic approach to sponsorship
- Individuals who want to make a career change into sports marketing, specializing in sport sponsorship
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSAs a guideline, we are looking for participants with these profiles:
- Aspiring managers with three years’ business experience
- Industry professionals with sports management and/or marketing qualifications
ADMISSION PROCEDUREThe admission procedure consists of:
- Please complete the pre-enrollment form if you are interested in studying this program.
- The Admissions Committee will decide about your admission. The procedure may include a personal interview with the academic director.
- Accepted participants will be notified by e-mail, along with further information about the next steps of the admission process.
The Sponsorship 360: International Sport Marketing and Sponsorship program is a combination of campus lectures and tasks with guest speakers and one-off site programs with visits to organisations active in sports marketing and sponsorship sharing their expertise and knowledge.
It consists of six modules which will be blended into the program across the two weekends.
In Amsterdam there will be a greater focus on more theoretical topics, cases and in class assignments. In London the focus will shift to more practical examples brought to life through on-site visits to actual sport organisations, venues and events.
- Market Orientation: Sponsorship & Sport Marketing
People: Key Stakeholders in the Sponsorship Business
- Segmentation and Targeting: Identifying the customer
Product Development: Defining and developing sponsorship assets
- Packaging and Pricing: Preparing Sponsorship Programs for Partners
- Execution: Activating and Delivering Sponsorship programs
- Storytelling: Building a strong brand with content and data
- Measurement: Media and Market Research
Going into the field and taking a closer look at sponsorship in action is all part of the learning experience offered by Johan Cruyff Institute. Each session is a blend of theory combined with practical cases, selected study material and presentations from professionals active in the sponsorship business.
NO ATTENDEES. ONLY PARTICIPANTSThe Sponsorship 360: International Sport Marketing & Sponsorship program will challenge your thinking about sponsorship as a marketing tool. Instead of inviting 50 or 60 people to a conference, we keep the numbers limited to 20, which creates a more productive learning environment.
Participants will join their team mates, work together, get to know them and learn from them as well. Through a combination of individual tasks, simulations and team exercises you will learn how to make critical decisions that improve the way you work as a sponsorship professional.
OUR INPUT. YOUR OUTPUTJohan Cruyff Institute strongly believes the student is central to everything we teach, learn and share. We help participants maximize their output and the outcomes they are seeking. Here are some of the principles we apply:
- Everyone contributes. We expect all participants to engage and contribute to the learning process. There is no hierarchy, no walls or restrictions
- Diversity in class. We intentionally bring together participants from sport, business and diverse cultures to enrich the learning process
- Professional experience. Our coaches and guest speakers bring years of experience working in sport, business and the sponsorship industry
- Competitive learning. Just like in sport, we encourage healthy competition amongst participants to maximize the output for everyone
- Expect the unexpected. If you are not prepared for the unexpected then you are not prepared to advance in the sponsorship businesss
- Personal and Fun. We believe that learning should be fun and not just hard work so we make a special effort to ensure our students enjoy what they do, individually and collectively
Richard Denton is responsible for the delivery of this program. He has been teaching at Johan Cruyff Institute since 2012 in different academic programs in Amsterdam, Barcelona and Online.
|Richard Denton Richard is the academic director of the Master in Sport Management at Johan Cruyff Institute Amsterdam. He has been working in the sport marketing and entertainment business since 1989. He has worked for global brands such as Canon, Philips, Omega, ABN AMRO, Heineken and Unilever, across a variety of sport and events including the FIFA World Cup, UEFA Champions League, Formula 1, Volvo Ocean Race, PGA European golf tour, the Ryder Cup, Wimbledon, Roland Garros and the Olympic Games. Denton was managing director of one of Holland’s leading sport marketing agencies, Trefpunt-PRISM, from November 2009 until September 2015, and has been the sponsorships and partnerships manager of Vitesse Arnhem football club.|
|Mark Bogaerts Director Brand and Sponsorship Europe/UK|
|Floris Weisz Sport Media Expert|
|Peter Daire Founder and Director|
Sports Collective Agency
|Sebastiaan Westerhout Sponsorship Consultant|
|Richard Rusling Creative Director and Brand Specialist|
|Sandra Greer Head of Insight|
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThere are now hundreds alumni from Amsterdam, and hundreds from the Master editions worldwide (on campus in Barcelona and online editions in English and Spanish), working in various positions in and outside the international sport world.
Our Johan Cruyff Institute network will give you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. The Alumni Association of Johan Cruyff Institute Amsterdam, an initiative of former students, has started recently to organize events for their members. Our community is, in this sense, a network of personal and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.
CAREER SERVICESMany sport organizations and businesses with job vacancies turn to Johan Cruyff Institute when they are searching for candidates with a ‘sport mentality’. Johan Cruyff Institute can help to select and contact qualified candidates within the ‘Cruyff network’. We also announce job openings and new projects in sport throughout our media.
Moreover, Johan Cruyff Institute has a partnership with GlobalSportsJobs. This organization aims to help and guide students and alumni in the labor market. Career partners serve as a key intermediary between potential applicants of Johan Cruyff Institute and the national and international sport business industry (see also Career Services).