- Academic degree: Certificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute
- Duration: 4 months, 80 hours
- Start: Several times a year
- Modality: Online
- Language: English, Dutch and Spanish
- Price: € 450,- euro (excl. VAT)
- Enrollment: Registration open until the start of the course
The program may be subject to change.
The institution reserves the right to cancel the edition of the program if it does not meet the minimum number of students.
The online course Sport Management Fundamentals is a perfect introduction to the world of the management and administration of sport. You will know how sport organizations are managed properly through real case studies, and work with the basic concepts and skills necessary to learn more about both the strategic and operational aspects of sport management.
The main objective of the Sport Management Fundamentals course is to provide you with the fundamental concepts of sport management and the basic tools of operational management in sport companies and organizations.
- To understand the environment in which sport organizations operate, enterprise operations, their functional areas and instruments for analysis.
- To have a basic vision of strategic management from a business perspective.
- To know, understand and apply basic concepts in sport management.
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete and need specialized education in the management of sport operations.
- You’re working in a business and/or sport environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of the management of the sport sector.
- You’re a lover of the world of sport and want to learn more about the management and administration of sport organizations.
ADMISSION PROCEDUREFor the English edition: Please complete the sign up form if you are interested in studying this program. Our academic department will contact you once we have confirmed payment.
Note: If you prefer to study the Dutch version of this course: Please complete the enrollment form (in Dutch!). After receiving your form, we´ll contact you by e-mail for the next steps.
The program has a duration of about 60 hours. The maximum time given to complete the program is 4 months. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
- Values, mission and vision
- The competitive advantage
- Environmental scanning
- Analysis of the sector
- Internal analysis
- Management styles
- Talent recruitment and retention
- Management of high performance teams
- The sport consumer
- The marketing mix
- The product’s life cycle
- The brand
- Market segmentation
- Sport sponsorship
- Interpretation of financial reports
- Financing in sport
- Investments and project assessment
- Risk management
ACADEMIC CERTIFICATIONCertificate for the program Sport Management Fundamentals from the Johan Cruyff Institute.
PERSONALIZED TUTORINGWe will assign you a personal tutor, who will be monitoring your pace of study, adapting it to your work and/or sport schedule. At the beginning of the course you’ll create a tutorial action plan together. The tutor will make an assessment of your background, professional experience in the sector, availability and dedication to the course, and will also be responsible in guiding you in your study process, supporting you throughout the program.
Communication and queries will be handled by:
- E-mail: reply within a maximum of 24 hours.
- Support via chat / call / video conference.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning environments and technologies.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert faculty and industry professionals.
- Collaborative tools, teamwork, communication and debate.
- Sport-industry oriented: training that approaches the business sector of the sport industry.
- Learning from experience: designed for professional improvement.
|Román PascualDiploma in Tourism and Postgraduate in Business Management Techniques, Escola Universitària del Maresme. Specialized in sport tourism and event management. Councillor for Economic Development, Tourism and Trade in the City of Arenys de Mar (Barcelona). Manager of sport clubs in Barcelona.|
|Víctor Jordán VallverdúDegree in History. University of Barcelona. Associate professor of TecnoCampus Mataró (UPF) and UOC. Training for teachers at institutes, councils and universities on the use and application of ICT tools in the education sector. Consultant by Google Inc. for the implementation of Google Apps Education educational tool.|
|David HidalgoDegree in Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF). Master in Business Administration (ESADE Business School). International MBA Program Canada (Schulich School of Business, York University). Human Resources Executive Program, USA (Cornell University), General Directorate Program (IESE Business School). Corporate Director, Soldeu Ski Resort – Granvalira.|
|Dra. Núria MasferrerPh.D in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. Member of the Research Group of Economics and Uncertainty Management from UB, credited as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the CEO group of the School of Maresme -UPF. Specialization in Business Financing.|
VIRTUAL CAMPUS As a student of the Sport Management Fundamentals course, you will have exclusive access to the learning platform which allows you to monitor your academic progress 24 hours a day, from anywhere in the world. The virtual campus offers a collaborative environment between teachers and students facilitating e-mails, chats, books, articles, case studies, simulations, experiences, websites, blogs and a video library. You will have a wide range of tools at your disposal to make your learning experience interactive, rewarding and complete.
ALUMNI AND NETWORKINGThe Johan Cruyff Institute network gives you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other students, alumni and members of our global network, and share your passion for sport and professional experience with them. We promote and facilitate continuous academic training. Our community is in this sense, a network of social and professional relationships, and its influence expands in the sport and business sectors.