What is a cookie and what are cookies used for on this website?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, telephone or other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website. Cookies are necessary to make browsing easier and more user-friendly, and do not damage your computer. Although this policy refers to the general term ‘cookie’, which is the principal method used by this website to store information, the browser’s ‘local storage’ space is also used for the same purpose as cookies. As a result, all the information included in this section is likewise applicable to this ‘local storage’ system.
What specific cookies use this website and for what purposes?
Cookies, depending on how long they remain activated, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The only type used on the web are:
- Persistent Cookies: Data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
In addition, according to the entity that manages the cookies, they can be classified as own or third party. This website only uses:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the terminal equipment of the user from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through cookies.
In terms of its purpose, this website uses two different type of cookies:
- Technical cookies: allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it such as controlling the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the process of buying an order, applying for registration or participation in an event, use security features during browsing, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Analysis cookies: these cookies allow the responsible of the same, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in relation to the analysis of the usage data that the users of the service do.
How to manage your cookie preferences?
Most browsers currently allow users to configure cookies if they wish to accept cookies. These parameters are usually found in the preferences in your browser’s menu.
You can use the following instructions to configure cookies to the main browsers:
Chrome: Settings →Show advanced options →Privacy →Content settings. For more information, you can check Google Support or Browser Help.
Firefox: Tools →Options →Privacy → History →Custom Settings. For more information, please consult the support of Mozilla or the browser Help.
Internet Explorer: Tools →Internet Options →Privacy →For more information, you can check Microsoft support or Browser Help.
Safari: Preferences →Security. For more information, you can check the support of Apple or the browser’s Help.