The SportBusiness International 2023 rankings rate Johan Cruyff Institute’s Online Master in Sport Management as the best in Europe and third in the world, while in the on-campus modality it is ranked in the Top 30 in the world
Johan Cruyff Institute’s Master in Sport Management continues to climb positions among the best specialized training programs, according to the results of the SportBusiness International 2023 Rankings published earlier this month. Since its first inclusion in the most prestigious rankings of global sport management education 12 years ago, Johan Cruyff Institute has managed not only to remain in the ‘best league’, but to stand out among the top positions as competition has increased.
Our contribution to the professionalization of the sports industry is once again recognized in both online and on-campus training, with our flagship program, the Master in Sport Management, ranked as the number 1 program in Europe in distance learning and third in the world, and in the Top 30 globally in on-campus modality. The SportBusiness International rankings are based on two exhaustive surveys carried out among program managers and former graduate students three years prior to the publication of the ranking. The evaluation, therefore, corresponds to the responses received at the end of the 2020 academic year, a year marked by the Covid pandemic, which required the optimization of resources and an unprecedented investment in human and technological resources.
“To once again be among the best sport management programs in the world and to be European leaders in online programs is very gratifying, and pushes us to perpetuate the academic legacy of Johan Cruyff” – Víctor Jordán, academic director
“Evaluations are part of the DNA of the academic sector and those of us who are dedicated to the transfer of talent and the training of new professionals are the first to set the bar higher and higher every year. To once again be among the best sport management programs in the world and to be European leaders in online programs is very gratifying, and pushes us to continue to pursue our mission: to perpetuate the academic legacy of Johan Cruyff,” says Víctor Jordán, academic director of Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Employability: finding a job within 12 months of graduation.
- Quality of faculty: our faculty is a mix of academics from the business world and professionals active in the sports sector.
- Professional mentoring: based on the ‘learning by doing’ methodology, our teaching staff advises and supports students in the implementation of real projects that respond to the demands of the sports industry.
- Alumni network: the knowledge acquired is as important as the network of contacts you gain throughout the master’s program, which can open doors to new business projects.
- Internationality: the origin and diversity of our students is increasingly varied, which enriches cultural exchange in an increasingly globalized work environment.
- Applicability of acquired skills: transferring knowledge and your own resources to the workplace is one of the aspects most valued by companies looking for new talent.
“We were pioneers in online training in sport management; it opened the doors to the world helping us to reach a wider audience and continue to increase our visibility. To position our master’s degree at the top of the European ranking is an honor” – Lukas Dorda, director of online programs
“At Johan Cruyff Institute, we were pioneers in online academic training in sport management. Leading the way is never easy and staying the course is even less so. Online training opened the doors to the world helping us to reach a wider audience and continue to increase our visibilty. To position our master’s degree at the top of the European ranking is an honor. The direct and personalized advice we give to our students, vital for us and one of our signs of identity, and the way we adapt to new demands, with optional module itineraries that allow the students to specialize while enhancing their skills and competencies, continue to be among our strengths,” says the director of online programs of Johan Cruyff Institute, Lukas Dorda.